Weather Alert

You should have a carbon monoxide detector in your home

The CDC reports that around 430 people die every year due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide can be found in fumes produced by furnaces, stoves, lanterns, and gas ranges or by burning charcoal and wood. The gas from these sources can build up in enclosed or partially enclosed spaces causing people and animals to be poisoned and they can die from breathing CO. Lebanon Fire Chief Sam Schneider recommends anyone who uses propane or natural gas, charcoal, or wood in their home to get a carbon monoxide detector

The most common symptoms of CO poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. High levels of CO inhalation can cause loss of consciousness and death. Schneider says, “you do have the option to purchase a combination smoke detector/carbon monoxide detector which is carried by many retailers”.


Connect With Us