Weather Alert

Governor Parson responds to Medicaid, amendment 2 passage

Missouri has become the 38th state in the nation to expand Medicaid. During Tuesday’s primary election, 53 percent of voters supported the plan to add another 230,000 low-income adults to government-funded healthcare. At a Capitol press conference yesterday, Governor Mike Parson, who opposed expansion, did not put up a fight.

The measure allows the federal government to pick up about 90 percent of the state’s Medicaid costs while the state covers the other 10 percent. Of Missouri’s 114 counties, 105 voted against the expansion. Under Amendment 2, adults could qualify for government-funded healthcare if they earn up to about 18,000 dollars annually or roughly 36,000 dollars for a household of four.


Connect With Us