Fire destroys home on W Highway
A Laclede County family lost their home to a fire this morning. Lebanon Rural Fire Protection District responded to the call in the 19-thousand block of W Highway at around 5 am. Fire Chief Phillip Pitts said the family was able to get out of the home before they arrived….
Chief Pitts reported that they believe the fire started due to a malfunction in the home heating unit. The home was a complete loss, and the Red Cross was called to assist the family. Chief Pitts offered thanks to all of the agencies who responded with mutual aid to battle the blaze. No injuries were reported.