Christmas is almost here and that means houses will be filled with family and friends. Enjoying time with family and friends can always be a fun thing, especially during this time of the year, but you need to remember to be safe. Whether you are decorating or turning on the fireplace, there are countless ways fires can start in a home. Executive Director of The Red Cross of Central and Northern Missouri, Rebecca Gordan says December is a peak time for house fires.
Gordan says one of the main causes is candles, and she recommends using some alternative options.
For more tips on candle safety, you can visit Red Cross.org