Weather Alert

Number one cause of household fires

(Fort Leonard Wood)–A lot of stoves and ovens are warm this Christmas preparing that family holiday meal. Fort Leonard Wood Fire Inspector Olaf Jensen reminds cooks that unattended cooking is the number one cause of household fires. He says not to get sidetracked while in the kitchen.

The worst thing to do when encountering a stove top fire is to try to douse the fire with water. Put a lid on the skillet or pot and contact the fire department right away. Do not try to remove the hot utensil and put it in the kitchen sink.

Connect With Us Listen To Us On